Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hi, my name is Justin and I'm addicted to Google

Do I have a Google problem? No way. I could totally live without Google.

Except when I jump on computer and peruse the web via Google Chrome.

Except when I head to YouTube for a stupid video.

Except when I go to work and need a number for a PR lady and use Google web search.

Except when I need directions to their office for an on-camera interview and use Google Maps.

Except when start fooling around on Google Earth and lose an hour of my life.

Except when I start to write "reccommendation," and go use Google's instant search results to find out it's actually "recommendation."

Except when I'm using Blogger to write this at this very minute.

Okay. Well maybe I couldn't actually live without Google. It would drastically change my everyday life. This is so sad. But at least I'm not the only one.

Nearly every site I visit features a "search" function that allows the user to search within the site. It's Google-branded. Of course. My friend just bought a new phone. It's super fast and features all kinds of snazzy features, and on the back it says, "Powered by Google." Of course. Just now, I was thinking of other anecdotal evidence of Google permeating our culture's everyday life. I instinctually open up a new tab for some research and type in google.com. Of course.

It could be worse, though. As we talked about in class, some people don't really use browser bookmarks, instead choosing to just type in "facebook" into Google and going from there. At I use bookmarks. So unlike my Dad, I don't go to Google to type in "aol" to get to my AOL webmail. C'mon Dad-- really? You should be the one making this blog post.

Also, I have an iPhone. No Android for me.

So yes, everything in the world revolves around Google and if it falls, it would cause mass hysteria and bring about the worst parts of the Bible. Maybe that's what 2012 is all about.

Hi, my name is Justin and I'm addicted to Google.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot! It has creatively structured, and easy to read as well!

    About iPhones....all my friends who have iPhones have a tendency in the middle of our conversation, when something we don't know or haven't heard about comes up, immediately start googling it...:) so google addiction goes hand in hand with their iPhone addiction.

    Do you sometimes do that when you talk to people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sometimes I use my iPod touch while I'm talking to someone.

    For example, I've used the Bloomberg and Reuters News Pro apps to look up the news of the day as I talk with someone about those news stories.

    ReplyDelete